Find a Recipe on This Blog:

Sunday, May 1, 2011

ASPARAGUS

We never ate asparagus growing up.  I always enjoy it as my side in restaurants.  So I have been making it myself finally.
  Did you know you snap the end off by bending the ends until they snap.  This saves only the tender asparagus.  It is really easy to overcook asparagus and make is soggy gross.  You cook it only for a few minutes to make it tender. 

I like to throw it in about a Tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and toss it for a few minutes with salt, pepper or soy sauce.  It should be bright green and still a little crunchy but not raw.

You can roast them in the oven for a few minutes or microwave them or boil them.  If you boil them drop them in cold water after about 3 minutes to stop the cooking process. 

Try it you will like it!  It is the fancy brocolli!

No comments:

Post a Comment